Fall 2021 Final Examination Schedule
Prep (Dead) Week
Please Note: No examination (unit or final) may be scheduled seven calendar days prior to the first scheduled day of semester examinations, except for specific types of courses. (University Handbook F70)
I. Group Examinations
|Examination Time||Examination Date/Day|
|7:30 AM – 9:20 AM|
|6:20 PM – 8:10 PM||CHM 110|
Note: The following definitions apply to Sections II, III and IV below:
- Regular session courses are those that meet for the entire 16-week term.
- Non-standard session courses are those meeting during the term for a shorter or longer period of time than a regular session course.
II. Examinations for other regular session courses that begin BEFORE 5:00 PM
Examination Matrix (before 5 p.m.)
1. Determine the appropriate Meeting Pattern designator.
T* = meets TU, T, U, TW, TF, MT, MTUF, TWUF, MTU, MTF, MUF, TWU, TWF, TUF, or TUS
W** = meets MWF, MW, M,W, F, MTWUF, MTWU, MTWF, MWUF, MTW, MWU, WUF, MU, MF, WU, or WF
2. Use the course start time to find the time range in the corresponding T* or W** row.
|Meeting Pattern||Examination Date/Day|
|T*||T 2:35 – 3:30 pm||T 9:35 – 10:30 am||T 1:35 – 2:30 pm||T 11:35 am – 12:30 pm||T 10:35 -11:30 am||9:40 am - 11:30 am|
|W**||W 8:35 – 9:30 am||W 7:35 – 8:30 am||W 9:35 – 10:30 am||W 10:35 – 11:30 am||W 12:35 am - 1:30 pm||11:50 am - 1:40 pm|
|T*||T 7:35 – 8:30 am||T 6:00 – 7:30 am||T 8:35 – 9:30 am||T 12:35 – 1:30 pm||T 3:35 - 4:30 pm||2:00 pm - 3:50 pm|
|W**||W 11:35 am – 12:30 pm||W 1:35 – 2:30 pm||W 3:35 – 4:30 pm||W 6:00 – 7:30 am||W 2:35 - 3:30 pm||4:10 pm - 6:00 pm|
Example: Class regularly meets MWF at 11:30 a.m so the Meeting Pattern designator is W. 11:30 a.m. falls in the time range 10:35 - 11:30 a.m. so the final exam is Thursday, Dec. 10, 11:50 a.m. - 1:40 p.m.
Example: Class regularly meets TU at 8:05 a.m. so the Meeting Pattern designator is T. 8:05 a.m. falls in the time range 7:35 - 8:30 a.m. so the final exam is Monday, Dec. 7, 2:00 - 3:50 p.m.
III. Examinations for regular session courses that begin 5:00 PM OR LATER
Examination Matrix (5 pm or later)
|One night per week||M only||T only||W only||U only||F only||6:20 PM - 8:10 PM|
|Multiple meeting nights||T#||W##||6:20 PM - 8:10 PM|
T# = meets TU, TW, TF, MT, MTUF, TWUF, MTU, MTF, TWU, TWF, TUF, TUS, or UF
W## = meets MWF, MW, MTWUF, MTWU, MTWF, MWUF, MTW, WUF, MU, MF, WU, or WF
IV. Examinations for non-standard session courses
- Term Final examinations for all non-standard session courses must be given during the last class meeting of the course.
V. General Information
- Student Examination Conflicts
- Students scheduled to take a group examination at the time of the night final examination will take the night class examination at a time to be arranged during final examination week in consultation with the night class instructor.
- Students who have more than two examination scheduled in a 24-clockhour period (a 24 hour period starting at any time) may petition for a final examination change in the following manner:
- Petition the instructor(s) of the highest numbered class(es) to schedule an alternate time to take the final examination(s) during final examination period.
- If the necessary rescheduling cannot be resolved through the instructor(s) involved and both courses are in the same college, the academic dean will make the rescheduling decision.
- If the rescheduling cannot be resolved through the instructors and the courses are in different colleges, the University Provost will make the rescheduling decision.
- Students must notify the instructor(s) involved and have resolved final examination conflicts at least seven days prior to the beginning of finals week.
- Faculty Information
- No class shall meet after December 4, and all examinations shall be given as scheduled.
- Departmental schedulers should schedule general use classroom space for final examinations for night courses and group examinations by contacting Division of Facilities Room Scheduling and completing a "Request for Use of University Buildings and Grounds" form.
- Grades must be submitted and approved in KSIS by Monday, December 15, 5:00 PM.
- University Handbook – Final Examination Policy – http://www.k-state.edu/academicservices/fhbook/fhsecf.html
- Committee on Academic Policy and Procedure (CAPP) – Guidelines For Interpreting Term Final Examination Schedule – http://www.k-state.edu/capp/guidelines/finalsched.pdf