Enter either a:
  • Person's name (faculty, staff, or student)
  • Department name
  • Word to find on a web page

    More Search Options
    K-State Undergraduate Catalog 2004-2006
    About the Catalog
    About the University
    Glossary and Abbreviations
    Academic Advising
    dAssignment to Courses
    dCurriculum Change
    dRetake Policy
    dA/Pass/F Policy
    dCredit/No Credit Courses
    dCourse Attendance
    dWithdrawal From the University
    dAuditing Courses
    dPrep Week
    dFinal Examinations
    Tuition and Fees
    All-University Regulations
    Student Financial Assistance
    Services for Students
    Auxiliary Services and Facilities
    International Programs
    Secondary Majors
    Architecture, Planning, and Design
    Arts and Sciences
    Business Administration
    Human Ecology
    Technology and Aviation
    Veterinary Medicine
    Graduate School
    Intercollegiate Athletics
    K-State Research and Extension
    University Faculty

    A/Pass/F Policy

    Undergraduate students, except first-semester freshmen and students on academic warning, may enroll in certain courses for which they have the normal prerequisites under the A/Pass/F grading option. Under this option, students earning a grade of A in a course will have an A recorded on the transcript for that course; a grade of B, C, or D will be recorded as Pass; a Grade of F will be recorded as F.

    Students may request the A/Pass/F grading option for eligible courses through the fourth week of a 16-week semester or through the second week of a six-, seven-, or eight-week summer course. Students requesting the use of the A/Pass/F option must obtain the signature of their advisors. The decision by a student to use the A/Pass/F option is treated with strict confidentiality.

    It is the responsibility of a student requesting enrollment under the A/Pass/F grading option to be sure that such an enrollment is valid in the declared degree program. A course originally completed under the A/Pass/F grading option may not be converted at any time to a graded basis.

    Students should be aware that some schools, scholarship committees, and honorary societies do not find work taken on a nongraded basis (Pass) acceptable. Furthermore, many employers do not view nongraded (Pass) course work favorably. All students should be cautious in using the A/Pass/F grading option.

    Each department or division may specify which courses its majors may take under the A/Pass/F grading option consistent with the university requirements listed below.

    1. A student may enroll under the A/Pass/F option for any free elective course offered under this option, that is, in any course that is in no way specified even in general terms in his or her curriculum, secondary major, or minor. Courses that are specified by name or number and courses that meet general distribution requirements, courses required to meet UGE requirements, and courses to be applied in a secondary major or minor are not considered free electives.

    Students may submit Pass hours for graduation requirements up to and not exceeding one-sixth of the total number of hours required for a bachelor's degree. That is, five-sixths of all hours submitted for the degree must be hours submitted on a graded or credit basis.

    Topics within Enrollment:
    dAssignment to Courses dA/Pass/F Policy dAuditing Courses
    dDrop/Add dCredit/No Credit Courses dPrep Week
    dCurriculum Change dCourse Attendance dFinal Examinations
    dRetake Policy dWithdrawal From the University   
    start of standard bottom bar

    Kansas State University
    August 19, 2005