Enter either a:
  • Person's name (faculty, staff, or student)
  • Department name
  • Word to find on a web page

    More Search Options
    K-State Undergraduate Catalog 2004-2006
    About the Catalog
    About the University
    Glossary and Abbreviations
    Academic Advising
    dAdvising Responsibilities
    dPre-Law Advising
    dPre-Health Professions Advising
    dCredit By Examination
    dCredit By Departmental Examination
    dExtension and Correspondence Credit
    dAcademic Fresh Start GPA
    Tuition and Fees
    All-University Regulations
    Student Financial Assistance
    Services for Students
    Auxiliary Services and Facilities
    International Programs
    Secondary Majors
    Architecture, Planning, and Design
    Arts and Sciences
    Business Administration
    Human Ecology
    Technology and Aviation
    Veterinary Medicine
    Graduate School
    Intercollegiate Athletics
    K-State Research and Extension
    University Faculty

    Pre-Health Professions Advising

    Students interested in the health professions listed below are advised through the College of Arts and Sciences' Pre-Health Professions Program (PHPP). PHPP is not a major or a degree-granting program. Health professions advisors help students become competitive applicants to professional schools that will prepare them for the following health careers:

    · Clinical laboratory science (medical technology)
    · Dentistry
    · Health information management
    · Medicine (allopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic, podiatric, physician's assistant)
    · Nursing
    · Occupational therapy
    · Optometry
    · Pharmacy
    · Physical therapy
    · Pre-respiratory care
    · Pre-veterinary medicine (Students interested in Veterinary Medicine may be advised through the College of Arts and Sciences or the College of Agriculture. See the Pre-Health Professions Program section in this catalog for a detailed explanation.)

    Among these pre-health areas, an undergraduate major is offered only in clinical laboratory science. The other pre-health areas are not majors.

    Some professional schools require a bachelor's degree before you enroll. Even if a degree is not required, some students wish to each a bachelor's degree from K-State before going on to professional school.

    Students who require or wish to complete a bachelor's degree before going on to professional school must declare a major. No specific major is preferred over another by professional schools, so students should choose a major based on their academic interests. A major may be chosen from any undergraduate college at Kansas State University. Pre-health students who declare a major will have a pre-health advisor and an advisor for their undergraduate major.

    Topics within Academic Advising:
    dAdvising Responsibilities dCredit By Examination dAcademic Fresh Start GPA
    dPre-Law Advising dCredit By Departmental Examination   
    dPre-Health Professions Advising dExtension and Correspondence Credit   
    start of standard bottom bar

    Kansas State University
    August 19, 2005