Enter either a:
  • Person's name (faculty, staff, or student)
  • Department name
  • Word to find on a web page

    More Search Options
  • Supplementary Information


    You must maintain a current local, permanent, and emergency address; you can view/update your own addresses by accessing KATS or by going to the Registrar's Office. You can also maintain a billing address through KATS or by going to the University Cashier's Office (K-State-Salina, 209 College Center).


    Grading options for a course may include: a letter grade only, an A/Pass/F, or Credit/No Credit. Be sure you meet the requirements of your curriculum before requesting the A/Pass/F grading option; consult with your college. Sign up for A/Pass/F during enrollment via KATS or in Enrollment Services (or K-State Salina, 208 College Center) by January 24 for a course with 56-62 calendar days (8 weeks in length), or February 7 for a course with 70 or more calendar days ( 10 or more weeks in length) or March 19 for a course with 56-62 calendar days (8 weeks in length). (Permission required for Ag/Arch/Ed/Engr/HE. Obtain the Drop/Add/A-Pass-F forms from the dean’s office.) YOUR DECISION CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER YOU MAKE IT. See Course Schedule Format for explanation of grading options for a course.


    An instructor may drop a student from any or all components (e.g., lecture, recitation, lab, etc.) of a course if the student is absent at the beginning of the first class period of any component of the course. Students who cannot be in attendance should arrange prior permission from the instructor in order not to be dropped.

    Beginning the 1st calendar day of the semester, an instructor is to notify Enrollment Services (or KSU-Salina Registrar’s Office) if a student should be dropped from a course because of the above policy. Notification must be done by sending a copy of the current course roll sheet, with appropriate name/student ID number marked out to Enrollment Services 210 Willard Hall (or K-State-Salina Registrar’s Office). Submit the roll sheet to Enrollment Services (or K-State Salina Registrar’s Office) as soon as possible and NO LATER THAN the end of the 12th calendar day of the semester (January 22). Courses less than 84 days in length are prorated.


    The University reserves the right to change, add and delete course offerings and to alter, add or cancel course sections without further general notice.


    Courses will be moved to accommodate you. Contact Services for Disabled Students, 202 Holton Hall, for assistance (or K-State Salina, contact the Director of College Advancement, 208 College Center).


    Courses offered through DCE are listed with each college and department in the course schedule. Courses with 90000 and above reference numbers are enrolled through the Division of Continuing Education. Enrollment is available online at, by telephone at (785) 532-5566 or 1-800-432-8222, or in 131 College Court Building, 1615 Anderson Ave., Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Enrollment in a course offered through the Division of Continuing Education does not require prior admission to Kansas State University, except for students enrolling in K-State Evening College. Students who choose not to apply for admission to the University will be enrolled in courses as “special students.”

    Fees for courses offered through the DCE vary by course. You can review course and fee information and register for a course online at Students will be billed for the courses in which they enroll. See for payment information and options.

    Distance Education courses are offered online or through a variety of delivery methods, including Web, videotape, audiotape, guided study, and CD-ROM.
    Intersession Courses are offered between semesters..

    January Intersession December 27, 2006 - January 10, 2007
    May Intersession May 14 - June 1, 2007
    August Intersession July 30 - August 17, 2007

    TELENET 2 is a statewide audio and video conferencing system with world wide connectivity and 23 Kansas sites. TELENET 2 offers university courses and other audio and video conferencing services.

    UFM offers many leisure-learning, non-credit courses: Call UFM at 539-8763 or visit the office at 1221 Thurston St. One-hour recreational credit courses include: golf, judo, scuba diving, ballroom dance, fly fishing, archery, fencing, and swimming, listed under RRES, and DANCE. Call UFM at 539-8763 for more information. Register for courses at, by telephone at (785)532-5566 or in 131 College Court Building.

    For information about courses offered through the DCE, call (785)532-5566, or 1-800-432-82222(toll free) or visit or write 131 College Court Building, 1615 Anderson Ave, Manhattan, KS 66506, visit (or KSU-Salina Office of Continuing Education, 2409 Scanlan Ave., Salina, KS 67401, or call 785-826-2633).


    Evening College courses are offered on the K-State Manhattan campus in both 8- and 16-week sessions between 5:30 and 10:30 p.m. You can take Evening College courses to work toward a degree or to enhance personal and career goals. K-State accepts transfer credit from other accredited institutions.


    K-State has been working with military students for over 60 years. Today courses and degree programs are offered to military students and their families through distance education, evening college, on-campus and on the Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth military posts. K-State is a SOCAD member which means military students who complete 15 hours with K-State can finish an associate’s degree anywhere the student goes in the world. K-State offers “Plus 2” programs with community colleges that allow students to earn both an associate’s degree and a bachelor’s degree from K-State. K-State is a regionally accredited institution and has a Veteran’s Administration Office on campus in Manhattan. K-State participates in the GoArmyEd centralized portal and database that allows all active duty Army soldiers to request tuition assistance (TA) for college courses directly on the web. For more information visit or e-mail


    In accordance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, an annual report pertaining to Kansas State University’s athletic programs is available to prospective students, students and to the public in the following locations: Departments of Intercollegiate Athletics, Office of Admissions, Registrar's Office, Dean of Student Life Office, Hale Library. Any questions regarding the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act should be directed to the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Business Office, 142 Bramlage Coliseum, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, 66506.


    During the semester, students may have two or more evening examinations that occur at the same time. Priority will be given to the examination that is part of the student's official course schedule. If no examination has priority, the student may petition the instructor of the higher numbered course to schedule an alternate time to take the examination. If the necessary rescheduling cannot be done through the instructors involved, the academic dean will resolve the conflict for examinations within the same college. If the examinations are within the jurisdiction of different colleges, decisions regarding rescheduling shall be made by the University Provost.


    To receive federal financial assistance for the Spring 2007 semester, submit a 2006-2007 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete the FAFSA on-line at

    Complete and submit any requested documents in a timely manner to K-State’s Office of Student Financial Assistance, 104 Fairchild Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-1104. This includes verification documents, federal tax information, award letters and promissory notes.

    Enroll in sufficient hours to qualify for appropriate financial aid. A minimum of 6 undergraduate hours or 5 graduate hours is necessary for financial aid eligibility. Full-time students must take at least 12 undergraduate hours or 9 graduate hours for full financial aid eligibility. If you do not enroll in the amount of credit hours you reported on your FAFSA, your financial aid eligibility will be adjusted to reflect your actual course load.

    Keep addresses current in KATS or with the Registrar’s Office, 118 Anderson Hall (or K-State Salina 208 College Center).


    To receive federal financial assistance for the 2007-2008 academic year, you should complete the FAFSA by K-State’s priority application date of March 1. You can complete the FAFSA at for the 2007-200088 academic year beginning January 1, 2007.

    The scholarship priority application date is February 1, except for incoming freshmen who should apply in the fall (November 1) of their senior year in high school. You can apply on-line at

    The deadline for applying for the State of Kansas Scholarships is May 1. The Kansas Ethnic Minority, Kansas Nursing, State of Kansas Scholar and the Kansas Teaching Scholarships require a State of Kansas Student Aid Application. You can contact the Kansas Board of Regents to request an application by calling (785) 296-3518.

    If you have any questions regarding financial assistance, please call toll free at 1-877-817-2287 or (785) 532-6420 for the Manhattan campus or (785) 826-2638 for the Salina campus. You can also go to104 Fairchild Hall on the Manhattan campus or K-State Salina, 208 College Center.


    Linear Tuition
    Increases at a constant rate with each additional credit hour, based on the type of course(s)--undergraduate, graduate, or veterinary medicine, you are enrolled in.
    Campus Privilege Fees
    Charged to all students; fees support student and University services.
    Technology Tuition
    Charged to all students; fees used to support academic and administrative technologies.
    Tuition Surcharge
    Charged by credit hour for courses in the College of Business and the College of Engineering to support the retention and hiring of quality faculty.
    Equipment  Fee
    Charged by credit hour for courses in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design and College of Engineering to support the purchase of classroom equipment.
    Late Enrollment Fee
    A $50 Late Enrollment Fee (non-refundable) will be assessed for any student who has not enrolled in a course before the first day of the semester.
    Balance Due
    The sum of linear tuition, campus privilege fees, technology tuition, tuition surcharge and architecture/engineering equipment fee.


    The published schedule of tuition/fees is subject to change without general notice; for the description of the required campus privilege fees see or


    Certain courses require that you seek special permission from an instructor. Course permission is needed if an instructor wishes to have a student enroll in a closed course or in a course where permission is required. When enrolling in one of these courses you must present authorization from the instructor either by electronic permission or on a COURSE SECTION PERMIT form.

    Electronic permission is done by the appropriate faculty/staff through KATS or the instructor may obtain the COURSE SECTION PERMIT form from the college dean's office. When using the paper form, the instructor completes the two-part form and gives it to the student; the student then takes the form to Enrollment Services (or K-State-Salina, 208 College Center).


    A copy of the regulations and administrative guidelines governing the classification of residents and nonresidents for admission and tuition purposes is available in the Admissions Office, Graduate School Office or the Registrar's Office (KSU-Salina Admissions or Registrar's Office).


    The Kansas Board of Regents provides that Kansas residents over the age 60 may attend courses at the Regents' institutions on a space available, no credit, no tuition basis.


    A student taking courses at K-State but not regularly enrolled in work towards a degree is classified as a special student. This student will not qualify for financial assistance. The special student option is not available for an international student on a student visa.


    The statement of account (eBill) is published on KATS under “Student Account” menu option “View Past or Current eBills”. E-mail notifications will be sent to the students’ official Campus e-mail addresses informing them that there is a new eBill available for viewing.


    Public Law 101-542, more commonly known as the Student Right-To-Know and Campus Security Act, requires that institutions of higher education provide information on their graduation rates currently enrolled and prospective students.

    Of the new freshman entering Kansas State University in the fall of 1997 56% had graduated and 4% were still enrolled at the end of six academic years, yielding a graduation/persistence rate of 60% after six years. Additionally, it is estimated that over 5% transferred to other four-year colleges or universities to pursue professional degrees or curricula not offered at Kansas State University. Of even greater interest to students and prospective students should be the graduation/persistence rates of specific sub-groups of entering freshman. Students’ high school backgrounds and achievements are strong predictors of college success. Seventy-seven percent of those entering freshman who report high school grade point averages of 3.50 or higher either graduate or remain enrolled after six years. Seventy percent of those who report a 3.00 average or better in high school graduate or remain enrolled after six years. For all students reporting a high school average of 2.50 or higher, the graduation/persistence rate is 66%. Seventy-one percent of entering students who rank in the top quarter of their high school class graduate or remain enrolled after six years. Sixty-seven percent of those in the top half persist. Seventy percent of entering students who report completion of a college preparatory curriculum or the Regents’ Recommended Curriculum either graduate or remain enrolled and are successfully pursuing their degrees at Kansas State University after six years. The ACT remains a strong predictor of college success. After six years, 71% of Kansas State freshman who enter with above average ACT scores either graduate or are still enrolled after six years. High school size seems to matter very little. For students reporting graduation class sizes of less than 100 students, 62% graduate or are still enrolled after six years. The corresponding rate for high school graduation classes of over 400 is 69%.

    Retention rates are also important to any student in the process of selecting a college or university. Freshman-to-sophomore year retention rates are critical importance since over one half of all students who drop out of college do so prior to the sophomore year. Again focusing upon the fall 1997 entering freshman class at Kansas State University, 79% returned for their second year. This compares to an ACT reported average of 73% for institutions of similar mission and admission standards (ACT, 2003). Like graduation rates, retention rates vary among various sub-groups of students. Of the fall 1997 entering freshman, 86% of those having above average ACT scores returned for their sophomore year. Ninety-one percent of those with scores above 30 returned. Similar positive trends hold for high school rank, high school grade point average, college preparatory curricula, etc.

    For additional information, contact Michael Lynch, Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506.


    Kansas State University maintains various student records to document academic progress as well as to record interactions with University officials and staff. To protect the student’s rights to privacy, and to conform with federal law (FERPA), the University has established the Student Records Policy. Interpretation of this policy is based on experience with educational records, and the policy itself may subsequently be modified in light of this experience. Notice of this policy and of students’ rights under the federal law is given annually. Copies of this policy are available at the Registrar’s Office, 118 Anderson Hall, (or K-State Salina, 208 College Center) and are published in the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs. See



    The following Substance Abuse Prevention Policy is effective August 27, 1990, and is adopted pursuant to the requirements of the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989 and the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. A copy of the Drug Prevention Policy will be distributed annually to each student and employee of Kansas State University.
    1. Kansas State University prohibits the unlawful possession, use, manufacture, or distribution of alcohol or controlled substances by students and employees on property controlled by the University, or as part of University activities. The University is committed to a program to prevent the illegal use of controlled substances and alcohol by students and employees.
    2. Any student or employee of the University found to be using, possessing, manufacturing, or distributing controlled substances or alcohol in violation of the law on University property or at University events will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with applicable policies of the State of Kansas, the Board of Regents, and Kansas State University. Disciplinary action includes, but is not limited to, expulsion, termination of employment, referral for prosecution and the completion of an appropriate substance abuse rehabilitation program.
    3. As a condition of employment, all employees of Kansas State University, including student employees, shall abide by the terms of this policy statement and will notify the Provost of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring on property controlled by the University, no later than five days after such conviction. Kansas State University will, in turn notify, as appropriate, the applicable federal agency of the conviction within ten (10) days of its receipt of notification of the conviction. The University will take appropriate disciplinary action within thirty (30) days of notification of the conviction. For purposes of this policy, "conviction" means a finding of guilt (including a plea of nolo contendere) or imposition of sentence, or both, by any judicial body charged with the responsibility to determine violations of the Federal of State criminal drug statutes.
    4. The term "controlled substances" as used in this policy means those substances included in Schedules I through V of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act and as further defined by regulation at 21 CFR 1300.11 through 1300.15. The term does not include the use of a controlled substance pursuant to a valid prescription or other uses authorized by law.
    5. Local, state and federal laws provide for a variety of legal sanctions and penalties for the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol. The Federal Controlled Substances Act provides penalties of up to 15 years' imprisonment and fines up to $25,000 for unlawful distribution or possession with the intent to distribute narcotics. For unlawful possession of a controlled substance, a person is subject to up to one year of imprisonment and fines up to $5,000. Any person who
    unlawfully distributes a controlled substance to a person under twenty-one years of age may be punished by up to twice the term of imprisonment and fine otherwise authorized by law. Kansas law provides that any person who violates the criminal statutes on controlled substances by possessing, offering for sale, distributing, or manufacturing opiates and narcotics, such as cocaine and heroin, shall be guilty of a Class C felony. For a conviction of a Class C felony, the court may sentence a person to a term of imprisonment of a minimum of three to five years, a maximum of 10 to 20 years, and a fine of up to $15,000. Unlawful possession of a depressant, stimulant or hallucinogenic drugs is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor, with a penalty of up to a year in jail and a fine of $2,500. Under Kansas law, persons under 21 years of age may be subject to minimum fines of $100 for possessing, consuming, obtaining, purchasing or attempting to obtain or purchase alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverages. Persons convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs are subject to severe fines, imprisonment, and other penalties. The local ordinances of Manhattan, Kansas, also include prohibitions relating to illicit drugs and alcohol. Generally, these local ordinances are similar in content to state law.
    6. Students and employees of Kansas State University should be aware that the following health risks have been associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol:
    Alcohol: Birth defects, ulcers and gastritis, liver damage, heart disease, cancer and brain damage.
    Anabolic Steroids: Acne, cancer, heart disease, liver disease, sterility, jaundice, and kidney stones. Cocaine/Stimulants: Increased blood pressure, blurred vision, sleeplessness, anxiety, irregular heartbeat, and death.
    Hallucinogens: Increased body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sleeplessness and tremors.
    Marijuana: Irritation of the lungs, emphysema, increased heart rate, short-term memory reduced, and cancer.
    Opiates/Narcotics: Decreased heart rate, nausea, cold, moist skin, bluish in color, and slowed breathing.
    Sedatives: Slowed body function, drowsiness, convulsions, and coma. Students and employees should note that the above listing is not intended as all-inclusive.
    7. Drug and alcohol counseling, treatment or re-entry programs are available to students and employees on a national, statewide, local and campus basis. Alcohol and drug counseling are available to students at University Counseling Services in English/Counseling Services Building (532-6544). The Alcohol and Other Drug Education Service (532-6927) can provide further information about health problems and treatment related to alcohol and drug use. Employees may seek referral for alcohol and drug problems through the KSU Employee Assistance Program (532-6277) or through the State of Kansas Lifeline Program, a 24-hour toll-free assistance line (1-800-284-7575). Other sources of assistance include the Kansas Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services (785-296-3925), and the National Institute on Drug Abuse Hot Line (1-800-662-4357). Kansas State University will also present educational programs on an ongoing basis to inform employees and students of the dangers of substance abuse.


    If you have a hold attached to your records by an office within the university, you cannot enroll, (drop or add a course), or request a transcript, or receive your diploma until the hold has been cleared.

    start of standard bottom bar

    Kansas State University
    September 26, 2006